The Presbytery of Cayuga-Syracuse will hold a stated meeting on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 online via the Zoom platform. The gathering will begin at 7:00 p.m.. Karen Chamis and Ben Fitzgerald-Fye will be available on Zoom at 6:30 p.m. to help with technical issues for those choosing to log in earlier.
Things to know:
- This gathering may be recorded for informational and accuracy of minutes purposes only.
- The Zoom Meeting will be open early for those who are unfamiliar or not fully comfortable with the platform. You are welcome to sign it at 6:30 PM if you need some reassurance.
- Attendance will be taken via electronic registration. Register link information below.
Things to anticipate:
- Our first online presbytery meeting ever!
- A brief introduction to Zoom functions
- Online opening worship
- "Good News" from our congregations and worshipping communities
- Recognition of Staff Service to the Presbytery
- Nominations report that includes election of those willing to serve
Papers for this meeting can be found here, and include:
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Please make sure you've downloaded the most recent version of Zoom (5.0) as it has been updated.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m., however, the room will be open at 6:30 p.m. for those who would like to test their sound, practice raising hands, etc.
For those joining by phone, please call Karen at 908-217-7725 prior to 3 p.m. on June 9th so that she can make certain you are registered.
Phone participants can use these controls:
To mute/unmute, press *6
To Raise Your Hand, press *9.
Please note we will be utilizing the "mute all" feature. In order to be recognized to speak you must raise your hand. This is done by going to the Participants tab on Zoom and scrolling to the bottom of that window. You'll see an option to raise your hand as well as to vote YES or NO. If you are new to this feature, you are strongly encouraged to come to the pre-meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Looking forward to seeing you all!