Leadership Team meeting summary - June 2017
Categories: None | Tags: None
The Presbytery’s Leadership Team held its monthly meeting on June 22 at Onondaga Hill Church. The following are among the items that were discussed at the meeting…
The Moderator, the Rev. Shawn Reyburn, announced that sites are arranged for the following upcoming Presbytery meetings:
- August 25, 2017 – Robinson-Elmwood
- November 4, 2017 – Whitelaw
- February 10, 2018 – Skaneateles
- May 15, 2018 – Vanderkamp (perhaps with Parish assisting them)
- August 14, 2018 – Scipioville
The Chairperson, elder Linda Russell, presented her report:
- She presented a summary of some of the work that was done at the Synod-sponsored Central New York Presbytery Convention that was held in Auburn on June 8-9. During the report, Mario Bolivar talked about conversations he’s been having with Larry Beasley, the Stated Clerk of Utica Presbytery, about increasing needs for use of technology and social media. Linda reported that cooperative sharing is being discussed around the areas of Preparation for Ministry and Lay Academy training. Boundaries Awareness Training is being offered for all minister members of all four of the presbyteries. Linda also mentioned that Utica and Northern New York Presbyteries are interested in conversations with us about staff sharing possibilities.
- She shared the request from General Assembly World Mission for representatives of our Presbytery to join the Stated Clerk’s trip to South Korea in November.
The Treasurer, elder Gordie Howard, submitted financial reports, and reported that the Finance and Property Work Group recommended approval of the sale of property owned by the First Presbyterian Church of Baldwinsville. The Leadership Team approved the recommendation.
Elder Donna Hunt reported for the Ministry Work Group. The Leadership Team approved the following recommendations:
- Approved Kathleen Griffin’s request to retain her membership here and also join the Asociación La Iglesia de Dios (ALIDD). ALIDD is a member denomination of the World Council of Churches, as well as the Latin American Council of Church (Consejo Latinoamericano de Iglesias – CLAI); the PCUSA holds membership in both of these Councils as well.
- Approved the request of the King Ferry Presbyterian Church to call the Rev. Dan McCollister as their pastor, with the same terms as his service as their Stated Supply Pastor, and that the Presbytery’s policy prohibiting this action be set aside in this instance.
- Approved the contract between the Session of Westminster Presbyterian Church in Syracuse and the Rev. Sandy Sanderson to serve as Temporary Supply Pastor, beginning June 1, 2017, for the period of one year.
- Approved the contract between the Commission (Session) of Faith United Church of Oswego and the Rev. Deborah Johnson to serve as Interim Pastor, beginning July 15, 2017, for the period of one year. Rev. Johnson will retain her membership in Trinity Presbytery during her time of service at Oswego. This is a full-time position.
The Rev. Mario Bolivar presented the report from the Communications Work Group. His plan is to call the 12 people who indicated in surveys an interest in serving on this WG. His hope is to have a team of 5 people in place. His goal is to have a new website up and running this Fall.
The next Presbyterian Youth Connection activity is a work day in Skaneateles on July 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Upon nomination by the Nominating Committee, the Leadership Team elected the following:
To the Permanent Judicial Commission –
The Rev. Lorrie Cooney
The Rev. James Moore
Elder Neil Rotach (King Ferry)
To the Vanderkamp Board –
Elder Mark Peters (Cazenovia) (term ends 2020)
The next regular meeting of the Leadership Team will be a picnic at the home of the chairperson, elder Linda Russell, on Thursday, July 28, 2017.
July 12, 2017 | Share: