Job available at InterFaith Works
Categories: None | Tags: None
“InterFaith Works, through education, service, and dialogue, affirms the dignity of each person and every faith community, and seeks to build relationships and understanding among us.”
Agency Vision Statement
“InterFaith Works builds bridges of understanding to affirm the dignity of all people in Central New York. Working with the different faith communities and the diversity of the region’s people, we address deeply embedded social divisions. Informed and influenced by the values and ethics of the faith traditions, we work with the community to find common ground on its issues. Using the tools of interfaith and cross-cultural dialogue, we create life-changing experiences that lead to actions for the creation of a more equitable and loving community.”
Creation of the Senior Services Department
InterFaith Works has had a 25 year history of serving senior citizens, primarily through its Senior Companion Program. Helping seniors stay actively involved in the civic life of their community, and to remain independent for as long as possible are guiding principles of our work. Reaching and serving a broad spectrum of ethnic groups through our services and building bridges of understanding among the wide diversity of seniors in our community is a further goal of our agency. Providing respectful care for our elders is a basic tenant of all faith traditions, and our agency seeks expanded ways to be of service to this population.
The Program Director, under the guidance of the Deputy Director, is responsible for the overall operation of programming for senior citizens.
Individual should have experience in the field of geriatrics and a minimum of a Master’s Degree and six years’ experience in human services; skills in human service administration and program development and delivery; demonstrated management experience including supervision of staff, budget, finance and fund development; awareness of and interest in the Central New York region; high level of initiative and creativity; proven ability to be an effective manager and leader; ability to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and effectively; ability to work with diverse groups of people with diplomacy and discretion; ability to assume leadership in planning and programming for all areas of Senior Services.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, oversee implementation of the Strategic Plan related to seniors, commensurate with the stated mission.
- Determine the annual priority areas, population groups, and key projects that will be undertaken by Senior Services
- Identify the human and financial resources needed to carry out the plan
Program Development and Evaluation
- Develop and monitor Volunteer Stations which will provide creative and challenging placement for Senior Companions. Add or eliminate Volunteer Stations as needed.
- Supervise placement and service provided by Senior Companions.
- Develop Senior Companion assignments with individuals and volunteer stations.
- Oversee the development of program materials and training programs
- Recruit, train, and support the cadre of Senior Companions and other volunteers, and ensure ethnic diversity among these volunteers
- Establish and carry out the evaluation of the program, including evaluations of volunteers in concert with funding guidelines
- Identify and develop new venues for Senior Services programming
- Recruit persons at least sixty years of age and on low-incomes to serve as Senior Companions.
- Provide pre-service training and monthly in-service training for Senior Companions.
- Develop a team of Community Volunteer Trainers to assist with orientation and in-service training and to provide on-going support for Senior Companions.
- Provide an annual volunteer recognition event and on-going recognition for Senior Companions, in conjunction with the Advisory Council.
Partnership and Collaboration Development:
- Identify strategic community and national partners to support senior services
- Develop and maintain a Senior Companion Advisory Council.
- Create collaborative working partnerships for senior services.
- Represent InterFaith Works to the community to promote understanding and supportive relationships.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with government agencies, area businesses, funding sources, member programs, and other human service agencies.
Community and Public Relations
- Develop and maintain relationships with business, government, and non-profit partners to ensure support.
- Promotes Senior Services programs with internal and external print and electronic media and through speaking engagements.
- Participates in appropriate community organizations and coalitions that further the work the agency and its senior services.
Fiscal and Fund Development
- Develop in-kind direct benefits to support Senior Companions in their work through the volunteer stations.
- Work with InterFaith Works Chief Financial Officer to develop annual budget.
- Develop and maintain funding sources: prepare new and renewal grant applications. and contracts for new and continuing funding sources to maintain sound financial base for programs, including Corporation for National Service and United Way.
- Oversee annual program budget to assure expenditures in line with annual budget plans.
- Work in tandem with Executive and Development Directors to secure annual budget through corporate gifts, major and small donors, fee-for-service contracts, grant writing, and fund raising special events.
Management, Supervision, Administration
- Serve as a member of the Senior Staff Team.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate Senior Services staff, volunteers, consultants, and interns.
- Abide by a strict code of confidentiality in all matters related to IFW, its clients, and its members.
- Supervise preparation of payroll monthly for Senior Companion benefits.
- Assist Volunteer Stations to conduct annual performance review of Senior Companions and monitor their development.
- Conduct annual evaluations of program staff.
- Maintain record keeping required by Corporation for National Service and other funders.
- Prepare necessary periodic reports for Corporation for National Service, InterFaith Works, United Way, and other funders.
Other duties as assigned
Level of Decision Making Responsibility:
For information or to apply, contact:
Marcy Bowles, Executive Assistant
3049 E. Genesee Street
Syracuse, NY 13224
Please submit resume with cover letter. We are seeking to fill the position immediately. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
January 27, 2014 | Share: