Job available at InterFaith Works
Categories: None | Tags: None
“InterFaith Works, through education, service, and dialogue, affirms the dignity of each person and every faith community, and seeks to build relationships and understanding among us.”
Agency Vision Statement
“InterFaith Works builds bridges of understanding to affirm the dignity of all people in Central New York. Working with the different faith communities and the diversity of the region’s people, we address deeply embedded social divisions. Informed and influenced by the values and ethics of the faith traditions, we work with the community to find common ground on its issues. Using the tools of interfaith and cross-cultural dialogue, we create life-changing experiences that lead to actions for the creation of a more equitable and loving community.”
Creation of the Center for Dialogue
IFW is creating the Ahmad and Elizabeth El-Hindi Center for Dialogue (CfD) to build upon several successful models of dialogue that are currently part of the agency: Community Wide Dialogue to End Racism, Courageous Conversations about Race, Seeds of Peace, Sustained Dialogues for Communities in Conflictual Relationships, InterFaith Dinner Dialogues, Interfaith World Harmony Assembly, and InterFaith Dialogues to Understand Islam. The Center for Dialogue will build the capacity within the organization and within the community to more fully actualize the use of the dialogue-to-action model to address critical issues through cross-cultural dialogues. IFW asserts that these kinds of dialogue add value to community planning processes that leads to lasting, positive change. The dialogue process as conducted by IFW builds the capacity of the community through training and support of multiple sectors in the community. This is achieved both through facilitation of the dialogue circles and the training of community members in the methods of constructive engagement that influence public policy and community problem solving.
The Program Director, under the guidance of the IFW Executive Director, is responsible for the overall operation of the Ahmad and Elizabeth El-Hindi Center for Dialogue.
Individual should have experience in the practice and philosophy of dialogue as a tool for human and community transformation; skills in human service administration and program development and delivery; demonstrated management experience including supervision of staff, budget, finance and fund development; awareness of and interest in the Central New York region; high level of initiative and creativity; proven ability to be an effective manager and leader; ability to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and effectively; ability to work with diverse groups of people with diplomacy and discretion; ability to assume leadership in planning and programming for all areas of the Center for Dialogue.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director and Center for Dialogue Committee, oversee implementation of the Strategic Plan commensurate with the stated mission.
- Determine the annual community issues priority areas, population groups, and key projects that will be undertaken by CfD
- Identify the human and financial resources needed to carry out the plan
Partnership and Collaboration Development:
- Identify strategic community and national partners to support the annual community issues dialogues
- Build and support positive relationships with partners in all dialogue models
- Create collaborative working partnerships
- Represent InterFaith Works to the community to promote understanding and supportive relationships
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with government agencies, area businesses, funding sources, member programs, and other human service agencies.
Program Development and Evaluation
- Oversee the development of program materials, including the variety of dialogue models used in the different programs
- Recruit, train, and support the cadre of facilitators and ensure racial diversity among these volunteers
- Oversees the recruitment of dialogue participants
- Oversees the logistical arrangements for dialogue circles
- Establish and carry out the evaluation of the program
- Supports individual dialogue circles in their action agendas
- Identify and develop new venues for CfD programming
Community and Public Relations
- Develop and maintain relationships with business, government, and non-profit partners to ensure support for CfD
- Promotes CfD programs with internal and external print and electronic media
- Participates in appropriate community organizations and coalitions that further the work of CfD
Fiscal and Fund Development
- Work with InterFaith Works Chief Financial Officer to develop annual budget for CfD
- Oversee annual program budget to assure expenditures in line with annual budget plans
- Work in tandem with Executive and Development Directors to raise annual budget through corporate gifts, major and small donors, fee-for-service contracts, grant writing, and fund raising special events
Management and Supervision
- Hire and supervises CfD staff to ensure that the program is carried out in all its venues
- Abide by a strict code of confidentiality in all matters related to IFW and its members.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Staff Team
- Conduct annual evaluations of program staff
- Select and supervise high school, Westside Learning Center, and college interns, overseeing their projects
- Select and supervise consultants
Other duties as assigned
Level of Decision Making Responsibility:
For information or to apply, contact:
Marcy Bowles, Executive Assistant
3049 E. Genesee Street
Syracuse, NY 13224
Please submit resume with cover letter. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
January 27, 2014 | Share: