Stated meeting to be held on August 14
Categories: None | Tags: None
The Presbytery of Cayuga-Syracuse will hold a stated meeting on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at Scipioville First Presbyterian Church, 3428 Route 34 B, Scipio Center, NY 13147. The gathering will begin with early registration at 8:30 am and a special program at 9:00 a.m. followed by the call to order at 10:00 a.m.
Things to know:
- Childcare is available by reservation. RSVP to Linda Van Buskirk at 315-237-7115 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, August 7.
- Lunch will be served at a cost of $7.00 payable at registration.
- No internet connection will be available.
- Names of new commissioners may be sent to email@example.com for nametags.
- Names for excused absences may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The gathering may be recorded and pictures will be taken.
- The 9:00 a.m. program will be led by the Rev. Earl Arnold, co-convener of the nationwide PPNK - Presbyterian Peace Network for Korea - who will speak and take questions on peacemaking efforts in Korea, the peacemaking ministry of PC(USA) mission co-worker Rev. Kurt Esslinger, and the role our Presbytery played in launching the PPNK.
- Introduction of Communications Coordinator Sarah Buckshot. (Be prepared to use your cell phones!)
- Election of a new vice-chairperson for the Leadership Team to replace Rev. Mario Bolivar
- A first-read of the proposed 2019 Budget
- Reports from our commissioners to the 223rd General Assembly
- Commissioning of delegates to the Synod Assembly in September
- Report from the Rev. Robert Langston and others from Onondaga Hill Presbyterian Church on the Syracuse Workcamp held the last week of June in Camillus.
- "Good News" from our Congregations and Worshipping Communities, including, among others, video highlights of the 9th annual Lodi summer camp for refugee children offered by the Korean Presbyterian Church of Syracuse.
August 5, 2018 | Share: